Cosmetic brush is made of hair, ferrule and handle. As we all know, brush hair is the most important. Different hairs have different properties. It is vital to select the correct type of hair for the application of cosmetics, depending on the desired effect. The type of hair fiber selected generally determines the overall value of your brush.
Brush hair can be divided into two kinds: natural animal hair and synthetic fiber.
NATURAL ANMIAL HAIR
1. Goat hair: A commonly used bristle that combines softness and strength. Used for powder brush, blusher brush, eye brush and fan shaped brush.
2. Sable hair：Holds the color well and has excellent spring. Used for eye brush, eyebrow brush, and lip brush.
3. Squirrel hair: The softest grey squirrel hair brush provides a soft, natural wash of color. The soft hair that is typically found in high-end brushes used for powder, blusher brush.
4. Muskrat hair: It’s chosen for its stiffness. Used for eyebrow brush.
5. Pony hair: Pony hair is soft, which prices extend from very economical to a much higher range, to a great extent, determined by the part of the animal from which the hairs comes. Hair from the mane or back is of poor quality. It is often sorted into various grades and is used primarily for making large brushes.
6. Racoon hair: It’s very soft and has excellent springback. The double toned hair is generally used for high-grade fan brush.
7. Synthetic hair: Synthetic hair brushes are typically used for liquid or cream foundation. In contrast to natural hairs, they also will become stiffer with use. The best quality synthetic fiber retains original shaped and spring after using.